LINKS TO MUST SEE POSTS:

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Love/Hate Relationship with Sand.

So, I've found that sand and I have a very love/hate relationship.

I wake up in the morning with sand in my bed and LOVE IT for reminding me that I just woke up in paradise...again. Then I'm laying on the beach and a dog runs by and kicks it up and into my eyes and I HATE IT cause It might have just caused me to be visually impaired...permanently. Then I'm rinsing the sand off my feet and LOVE IT because my feet are unusually soft and smooth. Then when taking pictures I realize my lens cover wont entirely close due to what other than sand damage. I HATE IT!

I'm amazed that something as miniscule as sand, a grain of which being just 2mm in diameter can go from being a nonexistent factor in my life to now be evoking so much emotion from me on a day to day basis.

How does it get my skin so soft? How does it get into a closed bag? How can it be so little but do much? How come no matter how thorough you are rinsing off an hour later you'll find some sand in a place you know you washed??? How can sand be so dry, light, flimsy and out of control but also be thick, mucky, strong, and craft-able? I can't keep it out of a closed bag but someone else can manipulate it into a stunning sculpture?

I'm perplexed.



1 comment:

  1. Just love it for now...soon it will not be a part of your life and you will miss it and your soft feet! ~Krystine

    ReplyDelete