LINKS TO MUST SEE POSTS:

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Grandpa loved Hawaii

Thank you all for your messages...we are aware there has been some serious dropping of the "blog ball" on our part. We hope you'll all pardon our neglect. Here's where I've been.

This is a picture I took last June of my amazing, noble, rock of a Grandfather, who unexpectedly passed away last monday. In june I'd just gotten home from my mission and was anxious to get caught up with him and Grandma. I went out for a visit and he let me practice taking some pictures with him. At the time I didn't know what a treasure this photo and memory would become.

I got word on Sunday that he'd had a stroke...at church...of all places, and doctors were saying he wasn't going to make it. I quick hopped on a plane headed for Washington to be with family and to attend his viewing and funeral services. What a blessing that was for me. I don't know if I could be okay with it all if I hadn't gone. Each of my 50+ cousins were there. Every single one except those currently serving missions, and those ones on missions Grandpa would've wanted to stay exactly where they were doing exactly what they were anyway. My Grandfather was a great man; a matchless example of hard work, dedication, humility, strength, integrity, service and faith, both in his life and in his death. We all miss him and are so grateful for the man he was and legacy he's left us. I've never been so proud of my last name.

I've had a different comforting feeling coming back here to Hawaii, a place he LOVED. One of the many missions he and my Grandmother served together for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was here. They lived in the city of Laie for several years and our family was able to come visit them on an occasion. I've loved being back here in a place where I have great memories with him and a place he held so dear. Which is why I'm sure he appreciated me wearing a Mumu to his viewing.

In just the few days I've been back we've really hit the ground running again. I'm way behind on the blog but check in soon for RIDICULOUS amounts of fun posts. In the meantime have a great Thanksgiving week!

Oh and Erin...thank you for your comment and request and know...WE ARE ON IT!!!


1 comment:

  1. Ceri-
    Looking forward to the updates. Loved hangin' with you for a few days- you are so much fun! Brooklyn too! Ha ha- Get yourself a hammerhead and have fun in Maui!!

    ReplyDelete