LINKS TO MUST SEE POSTS:

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

We're Doing it!!



So here's how this whole thing started...

18 months ago Brooklyn(then Sister Lamb) and I were serving together in Rochester Minnesota in the dead of winter and would fantasize about living in Hawaii. In fact that's exactly what we'd say we were gonna do after the mission whenever we were asked. We'd be in members homes for dinner and they'd say, "So what are you gonna do when you finish your mission?" We'd tell them we're gonna go to Hawaii and live in an RV. They'd laugh and I think they thought it was a joke...sometimes I think we thought it was too but that didn't stop us from making "Must do & see in Hawaii" lists over lunch breaks.

So a year passes and we're off our missions and I hear Brooklyns got some great internship opportunities lined up for herself in...HAWAII!! It was time to put my money where my mouth is and get there too. I asked a friend of mine that lives in Hawaii how I could find a good yet cheap place to stay for a couple months. He suggested to check on craigs list but also mentioned I could stay with his parents. His siblings are grown, just one still at home and after talking with his dad I knew we had a match! It's worked out great! Brooklyn's living in a city on the east side called Kailua, where she's a caretaker for an Elderly woman, an event coordinator for a major Autism fundraiser, a supervisor at the YMCA's after-school program, and a protector of Hawaii's endangered sea turtles, while I'm working at...uh...I'm, well you see what I'm doing is...uh, we'll just say I'm an amateur photographer in a photographers paradise. And...as fate would have it, on an island populated by over 900,000 people, with several major city's spanning it's 596 square miles, Brooklyn's and my residence are less than 5 miles apart! It was meant to be.

Stay tuned to hear all about our adventures around Hawaii!



No comments:

Post a Comment