LINKS TO MUST SEE POSTS:

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Today... I woke up in Hawaii!!

I woke up in hawaii today! This is Crazy!! Totally surreal.

We've talked about it, joked about it, planned things for it but it still seems like it's not happening. I've been so busy lately I almost haven't had time to really get excited. I had Joanna's wedding last weekend in California and that was occupying all my time and energy so it's almost as if it never soaked in that this was going to happen.

I couldn't help but giggle uncontrollably as the plane began it's descent and the captain came on saying "We've got a great view of Maui for those passenger's sitting on the left side of the aircraft." I think that was the first time It really hit me that we actually did it. We're in hawaii. Then it became increasingly funny as I wondered...what am I gonna do here? Of all my ridiculous, impulsive, money wasting, escapades to date, this is by far the mother of them all.
But who cares..I WOKE UP IN HAWAII TODAY!

LUGGAGE UPDATE:
For those of you who along with me were so proud of my ability to pack all my things in only one bag...here's an update. So I got it all in one bag thinking, Yay I wont have to pay $25 for an extra checked bag!! I'm the best! WRONG. Instead I had to pay $125 extra to get my ONE oversized bag on the plane. I guess it's a different ballgame when your bag weighs 83 pounds. DANG IT!

I spot Brooklyn! This is the first time we've seen each other since we served in Rochester together 18 months ago!!!!

She greets me with a Lei.

We begin bummin it on the beach


3 comments:

  1. I love you two! I wish I were there with you goofing off. Oh the days of single life...fun, no responsibilities, fun... oh did I say no responsibilities?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! I can't wait to come out and join in it with you (even though it's only going to be a week). P.S. I just realized that it will be almost a year since I've see you Brook! Crazy. You look great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s.... you may want to change the colors on the page...at least the font after you post a comment because you can't read it. Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete